Is Your Green Smoothie Actually Healthy?
Adding some healthy leafy greens to your morning smoothie is all the hype these days, but there is a lot of confusion when it comes to getting the most out of your daily dose of greens.
Why Switch to Green Smoothies?
Introducing just one green smoothie into your day can completely transform your health. The vast majority of the population don’t get enough daily leafy greens and starting your day off with a green smoothie is a great way to get your green without needing to taste or chew them. Adding green smoothies into a healthy balanced diet offers a number of health benefits:
- Weight Loss. Increasing the number of fruit and vegetable you eat each day will encourage your body to get rid of excess water weight and fat that builds up over time from toxins stored in the body.
- More Energy. If you start your day off right and add a green smoothie to your daily routine, you will quickly see a noticeable increase in the amount of energy you have throughout the day.
- Muscle Gain. Popeye certainly had it right when it came to eating spinach. Leafy greens have a high percentage of protein, making them the perfect food if you’re currently building muscle. As well as having a lot of protein, they also contain an abundance of other nutrients you need to build a healthy and strong body. Vegan bodybuilders definitely know what they are doing, and their results prove that leafy greens work incredibly well when it comes to building muscle.
- Less Snacking. Opting for a filling green smoothie will help you to cut back on your snacking. As the ingredients in a green smoothie are generally low GI, this will help your blood sugar levels remain low until it’s time for lunch.
- Improve skin. Green smoothies have been known to help improve the appearance of acne, as well as improve the look of face wrinkles. The increased fluids, along with the powerful antioxidants in your green juice will help to hydrate your skin and reduce the look of wrinkles, making you appear more youthful and your skin more radiant.
We can all agree that the shining stars of any green smoothie are the leafy greens – chock full of antioxidants, vitamins, phytonutrients and protein you would be lost without them!
We’d love to hear about how green smoothies benefit you in your life.